When you use ScreenApp services, you’re trusting us with your information. We understand this is a big responsibility and work hard to protect your information and put you in control.
KEEPING YOUR INFORMATION SECURE
We build security into our services to protect your information
All ScreenApp products are built with strong security features that continuously protect your information. The insights we gain from maintaining our services help us detect and automatically block security threats from ever reaching you.
We work hard to protect you from unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of information we hold, including:
- We use encryption to keep your data private while in transit
- We review our information collection, storage, and processing practices to prevent unauthorized access to our systems
- We restrict access to personal information to ScreenApp employees, contractors, and agents who need that information in order to process it. Anyone with this access is subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations
What data we collect
The personal data we collect from you includes:
- Questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address if you contact ScreenApp.
- Your email address and subscription preferences when you sign up to our email alerts
- How you use our emails - for example whether you open them and which links you click on
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, and details of which version of web browser you used
- Information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques
Why we need your data
We collect information through Google Analytics to see how you use the site and digital services. We do this to help:
- Make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users
- Make improvements, for example improving site search
We also collect data in order to:
- Gather feedback to improve our services, for example our email alerts
- Respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to
- Send email alerts to users who request them
- Allow you to access services and make transactions
- Provide you with information about local services
- Monitor use of the site to identify security threats
What we do with your data and who has access to your recordings
The data we collect may be shared with other government departments, agencies and public bodies in cases where public security, national security is at stake after receiving a court order from a reputable court of law of a democratic nation.
Data recorded using the local tab reside in your computer (additional security backups may be applied if concerns regards local recording quality is a concern)
Data recorded may be analyzed for improvements in service, ensuring a continual enhancement of user experience and efficiency of our offerings. It is important to note that we take your privacy seriously and maintain a strict policy when it comes to handling your data. We do not use recordings or any user-uploaded content to train our AI models. Our AI models are pretrained prior to deployment, and any data uploaded to our service is processed solely for the purpose of providing the service.
Data recorded using cloud back up will be stored securely under cloud storage for your account. Third party access is not authorized unless for technical support purposes.
Limitation of liability : ScreenApp or its administrators would not be liable for any data breeches in relation to screen capture recordings or personal data.
Payment related data
Data in relation to Stripe and Paypal will be stored on their servers and services as per their service terms.
ScreenApp does not store card information on our servers at any point. We might store payment information to help us manage your subscription. All payments are processed via Stripe or Paypal and any fraud claims should be directed through them or your local bank.
Limitation of liability : ScreenApp or its administrators would not be liable for any data breeches in relation to payments.
We will not:
- Sell or rent your data to third parties
- Share your data with third parties for marketing purposes
We will share your data if we are required to do so by law - for example, by court order, or to prevent fraud or other crime.
How long we keep your data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as:
- It is needed for the purposes set out in this document
- The law requires us to
We will keep your email data until you unsubscribe. We will keep your feedback data for indefinitely.
Children’s privacy protection
Our services are not designed for, or intentionally targeted at, children 13 years of age or younger. We do not intentionally collect or maintain data about anyone under the age of 13.
Where your data is processed and stored
We design, build and run our systems to make sure that your data is as safe as possible at all stages, both while it’s processed and when it’s stored.
All personal data is stored in the US. Data collected by Google Analytics data may be transferred on to their own servers.
How we protect your data and keep it secure
We are committed to doing all that we can to keep your data secure. We have set up systems and processes to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of your data - for example, we protect your data using varying levels of encryption.
We also make sure that any third parties that we deal with keep all personal data they process on our behalf secure.
Cookies on ScreenApp.io
Cookies are files saved on your phone, tablet or computer when you visit a website.
We use 3 types of cookies
- Cookies that measure website use
- We use Google Analytics to measure how you use the website so we can improve it based on user needs. We do not allow Google to use or share the data about how you use this site.
Google Analytics sets cookies that store anonymised information about:
- How you got to the site
- The pages you visit on our platform and our digital services, and how long you spend on each page
- What you click on while you're visiting the site
- Cookies that help with our communications and marketing
- These cookies may be set by third party websites and do things like measure how you view videos that are on our platform.
- Cookies that remember your settings
- These cookies do things like remember your preferences and the choices you make, to personalise your experience of using the site.
- Essential cookies do things like remember your progress through a form (for example a licence application)
- They always need to be on.
Contact us or make a complaint
Contact the Privacy Team if you:
- Have a question about anything in this privacy notice
- Think that your personal data has been misused or mishandled