This guide demonstrates how to recover screen record files you cannot download or do not appear in your ScreenApp video library. Instances this guide can help are:
- You lost files while processing the video
- You closed the browser accidentally
- This will not recover files that were already in your library, and you clear your browser cache
- Applies to the local tab
- Cannot recover files recorded with incognito windows
- The recovery processes should be done using the same browser and same device and same account.
- The recording should be done by registered customer after being signed to the ScreenApp
- Log in to your ScreenApp account » visit your URL: ScreenApp
- Right-click on inside a white space without any videos or text and you should see a menu such as in the image below » Click on ‘Inspect’
- Click on Console
- Type the following code in the console by using the secret key given by the ScreenApp support team (If you don’t have a key, please send us a request to email@example.com with the email you used for screenapp.io registration) attemptRecovery("SecretKey")
- Click enter button » It will shows as following
- Once it says Done [important: this will take up to a few minutes, please wait until it says Done] » Next refresh the browser; It will recover and display any recoverable files
- This process might be able to recover files for you. But it does not guarantee success as OS/ Browser incumbrances may have corrupted the files beyond recovery.